This policy also explains how we use information about you. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect certain information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
Information you provide to us We collect information about you when you input it into the Services or otherwise provide it directly to us or through a third-party acting on our behalf.
Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services. For example, you provide your contact information and, in some cases, billing information when you register for the Services. You also have the option of adding a display name, profile and other details to be displayed in our Services. We may keep track of your preferences when you select settings within the Services. In addition, we collect the information that you provide by entering it into certain Service features.
Technical and Customer Support: We may ask you to provide contact info and information related to the issue you are contacting us about.
Content you provide through our Services: We collect feedback you provide directly to us through the Services and we collect content using analytics techniques that hash, filter or otherwise scrub the information to exclude information that might identify you or your organization; and we may collect clickstream data about how you interact with and use features in the Services.
Content you provide through our websites: The Services also include our websites owned or operated by us. We collect other content that you submit to these websites, which include social media or social networking websites operated by us. For example, you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, activities or events.
Information you provide through our support channels: The Services also include our customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
Payment Information: We collect certain payment and billing information when you register for certain Services. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
Information provided through gameplay: You have the option of sharing your personal information with the public or with third parties through use of the Services, including,
- Sharing gameplay video or screen shots with third-party websites or the public through a ‘share’ button on your game system;
- Displaying your realname or photograph within games;
- Sharing your activities, including purchases, software used (e.g. games played), and content consumed with the public throughactivity feeds;
- You may share personal information with others through chat, text, email or communications features through the Services;
- You may follow a link provided on our website or console to a third-party website.
If you choose to “share” content or to otherwise post information from or via our Services to a third-party website, feature or application, that information will become public and the third party web site may have access to information about you and your use of our Services. Likewise, other users may use these same features to share information about you. We are not responsible for how you use or publish personal data through these or similar features, or how third parties use the features to share information.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services. While information collected in this manner is not typically personal information, we may combine it in ways that make it personally identifiable. When we do so, we will treat the combined information as personal information. Data collected in this manner may include:
- Web browsing, network or service usage data, such as browser type, internet service provider (ISP), IP address, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data;
- Network connected hardware (e.g. computer, gaming console, or mobile device) data, such as a unique device identifier, type, model, version, error related data, status, capability, configuration, functionality, performance data, and connection type;
- Network connected software data, such as application utilization, game play, game or system video and audio, progress, utilization, performance, peripheral and device use, services requested and used, or content downloaded and viewed;
- Physical or geographic location data, such as country, region, city, or latitude and longitude; and
- Advertising data, such as display frequency, duration, location, or viewing software, or identifier.
Technologies used in our Services to passively collect such information may include:
- Cookies. Small data files placed on a devices hard drive;
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons, (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included on our websites or in our e-mail messages;
- Embedded Scripts. Programming code that is temporarily downloaded onto a device, and is active only while you are connected to our website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Such technologies may also be used by third-parties acting on our behalf.
Your use of the Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services. This information includes the features you use and how you interact with others on the Services.
Information we receive from other sources
We receive information about you from other sources.
Other users of the Services: Other users of our Services may provide information about you when they submit content through the Services. We also receive your email address from other Service users when they provide it in order to invite you to the Services.
Our Partners: We work with various hotel partners in providing our Services. Some of these partners also help us to market and promote our Services, generate leads for us, and resell our Services on our behalf. We receive information from these partners, such as billing information, billing and technical contact information, your name, what MGC Services you have purchased or may be interested in, evaluation information you have provided, billing information, date of travel and other pertinent information.
Other Businesses: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-party businesses, such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in and engagement with, our Services and online advertisements.
How we use information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
To provide the Services and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the Services. Our Services also include tailored features that personalize your experience. We may use your email domain to infer your affiliation with a particular organization or industry to personalize the content and experience you receive on our websites. Where you use multiple Services, we combine information about you and your activities to provide an integrated experience, such as to allow you to find information from one Service while searching from another or to present relevant product information as you travel across our websites.
To develop and improve Services: We are always looking for ways to improve our Services. We use collective learnings about how people use our Services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Services.
To communicate with you about the Services: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. We send you email notifications when you or others interact with you on the Services. If an opt out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or as otherwise directed.
To market, promote and drive engagement with the Services: We use your contact information and information about how you use the Services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email and by displaying ads on other companies’ websites and applications, as well as on platforms like Facebook and Google. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the Services, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you. We also communicate with you about new offerings and You can control whether you receive these communications as described below under “Opt-out of communications.”
Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze information, and to repair and improve the Services.
For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users):
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we may collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
How we share information we collect
We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below, including in connection with possible business transfers, but we are not in the business of selling information about you to advertisers or other third parties.
We may share your information, including your personal information, with other parties as follows:
- We may share your information for purposes related to providing you with content,Services, including to provide certain hardware and games; to support various business processes; security; research and development; and so that MGC may contact you about Services or other offerings that may be of interest to you;
- When we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure or that disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce the rights, property, safety, or security of ourselves or others;
- In connection with sale of our business, a portion of the business, or certain stock and/or assets, or a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other corporate change including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process;
- With third parties (with whom we use reasonable efforts to obtain their agreement to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of any personal information we share with them), such as: third party providers of products or services that you subscribe to or access through our Services. For example, publishers of a game played on a network connected console may be provided your Account details (such as your PSN Online ID, country gender, age and “Friends” and block list) so they can operate their game; Third parties with whom we are jointly delivering services or features, such as sweepstakes, contests, promotions, or advertising. Third parties, who may contact you about products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
Sharing with other Service users
Certain elements of your personal information and certain information about your use of our Services are publicly accessible to other users of our Services. For example, if you opt to download your personal profile on one of our consoles in connection with the Services.
How we store and secure information we collect
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. If you use our Services, responsibility for securing and access to the information you put into the Services rests with you and not MGC.
How long we keep information
We may retain information about you as long as it is necessary for us to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy. In addition, we may retain your information for an additional period as is permitted or required to, among other things, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Where required by applicable law, we shall delete your information when the information is no longer necessary or requested to do so. Even if we delete your information from active databases, the information may remain on backup or archival media as well as other information systems.
Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our Services, such as when you last opened an email from us. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations.
You have certain choices about how your information is collected and used. You can choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from us or our marketing partners, through the following mechanisms:
- Turn off or modify cookie controls in your browser;
- Marketing e-mails contain instructions and a link that will allow you to unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails;
- You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications by un-checking the box indicating your preference at the place where your information is collected; or
- By contacting us.
In some cases, your choices to change or delete information you provide may affect our ability to deliver our Services, or your user experience. We may decline to process requests which are not otherwise required by law. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to use of our Services and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from marketing communications. Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases. Where you have asked us to share data with third parties, for example, by installing third-party apps, you will need to contact those third-party service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
”Do Not Track” Signals: Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals.
Other important privacy information
Our policy towards children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code section 1798.83 may permit our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure within the immediately preceding calendar year of that California resident’s personal information to third parties and in some cases affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us through the information provided below. Any written inquiry must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Your information is controlled by My Game Concierge, Inc. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to email@example.com.